CAWA Announces 2020 Scholarship Winners
CAWA, Representing the Automotive Parts Industry, is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2020 scholarship awards. CAWA provided $14,250 in scholarships this year to 14 individuals. “Once again, CAWA is proud to assist these young people in pursuing their education and careers in the auto care industry”, said Rodney Pierini, President and CEO, in announcing the awards.
Recipients of the scholarships include:
- Anthony Liang – Mort Schwartz Award, Rio Hondo College – $1,250
- Duminda Edirisinghe, Rio Hondo College – $1,000
- Esteban Terrazas, Rio Hondo College – $1,000
- Shane Cricket, Miramar College – $1,000
- Sydney McQueary, University of Tennessee – $1,000
- Benedict Felix, Skyline College – $1,000
- Anthony Erroa, Universal Technical Institute – $1,000
- Ndubuisi Ajiduah, Rio Hondo College – $1,000
- Julian Martin, University of California, Riverside – $1,000
- Miranda Nicusanti, San Francisco State University – $1,000
- Edenilson Cuatete-Hernandez, Universal Technical Institute – $1,000
- Stuart Spangler, Solano College – $1,000
- Jeffrey McCamant, Truckee Meadows Community College – $1,000
- Jesus Valdez, Universal Technical Institute – $1,000
The primary scholarship fundraising effort by CAWA is its annual dinner gala held the Sunday night before the AAPEX and SEMA shows. This year it will be held at Cesare’s in Las Vegas on November 1, 2020. Scholarship funding also comes, in part, from a grant provided by the University of the Aftermarket Foundation.
To contribute to the Association’s scholarship fund or to donate prizes for the annual fundraising auction, contact Rodney Pierini at 800-332-2292, ext. 1201 or email@example.com or visit www.cawa.org.
CAWA is a regional auto care trade association, which represents auto parts jobbers, warehouse distributors, retailers, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives and program groups. The Association provides education, legislative, regulatory and business support to the industry and its membership. It is one of the largest trade associations of its kind in the United States and recognized as a leader in the auto care industry.